Welcome to the Year 6 Homepage
Welcome to the Summer Term
The Land of the Free?
We hope that you have had a restful and enjoyable Easter break and would like to welcome you back to the Summer term at Montgomerie!
Once we have completed our start of term activities, we will be beginning our Summer term topic entitled 'The Land of the Free? ' where we will learn all about the USA. We will investigate specific locations within The United States; plan, design and make recipes associated with specific parts of the United States; learn about the style of a key artist from that part of the world; and study the historical context of events within the history of North America. In Science, we will be completing a unit of work on Light and another one on the Human Body. E-safety will continue to be our priority in ICT, however we will also be using ICT to support our learning in other subjects. We will be reading 'Holes' by Louis Sachar in our Active Read sessions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/CARERS:
- Please ensure ALL items of uniform including coats, shoes, water bottles and lunch boxes are clearly named.
- Children must come to school wearing their P.E kit on their P.E days. For Year 6, these will be on a Monday and Friday for the Summer Term. Please remember, children need to have removed earrings prior to coming to school on these days and wear suitable PE kit for colder days, as we will be trying to go outside as much as possible.
- Children are required to bring in their reading planner, reading book and spelling journal each day.
- Your child's lunchbox and water bottles must be wipeable.
Extended Learning Expectations
- Reading and recording in planners - the minimum expectation for year 6 children is for 20 minutes, five times per week to become a Star Reader. Children should be writing their own reading comments in planners as wll as parents/carers.
- Spellings: 10 words weekly- need to be practised regularly in the spelling journal
- Any other homework will be given out every Friday or on SATs Companion. Homework tasks must be completed by the following Wednesday.
If you need to speak to a teacher, appointments for a mutually convenient time can be made via the office. Alternatively, email email@example.com
We are very much looking forward to a great term!
Parent Guide to Year 6 (Powerpoint from Meet the Teacher Meeting)
SATs Information/ Revision Guides