Welcome to Year 2 Autumn term
Welcome back to the Autumn term. I hope everyone has had a fantastic summer and are looking forward to the term ahead. I know that all Year 2 staff are!
To start the year off, we are inviting parents to our 'Meet the Teacher' meeting which will be held on Friday 20th September where you will be able to find out about the expectations of Year 2 including SATs and have the opportunity to ask questions about the upcoming year ahead. I really hope that you are able to attend.
Our theme this term is 'Inspirational People' where we will be finding out lots of interesting things about our new school ambassadors including Marie Curie, Emmeline Pankhurst, The Royals and Martin Luther King. We will be learning about their historical background and looking at what impact they have made and creating timelines. We will also be looking closely at the countries they were born in and continents and oceans. In English, we will be writing stories, fact files and letters, and in Maths, we will be learning about counting and representing numbers to 100, tens and ones and addition and subtraction. We will also be looking at our bodies and how to keep healthy, as well as living things and their habitats.
- Children are encouraged to read at least 5 times a week - Planners will be checked on a Thursday
- Lucky Listeners reading task will be set every Friday
- Spellings will be set every Friday and a spelling test will be carried out every Friday
- Blast off Maths will be carried out on a Tuesday so children are encouraged to practise throughout the week
- Children are also encouraged to use Timestable Rockstar and Spelling Shed throughout the week
Please ensure that planners are in school every day, spelling journals are in school on Fridays and Lucky Listener sheets are returned on a Friday too.
PE kits should be in school every day.
PE lessons this term will be on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Children will need to remove their own earrings or ensure they are taken out before school on those days.
Here's to all the new learning and fun we will have!