Welcome to Year 2 Spring term
Welcome back to the Spring term. I hope everyone has had a fantastic break and are looking forward to the term ahead.
Our theme this term is 'Clever Construction' where we will be travelling around the world to learn about lots of interesting and unusual types of buildings including the Houses of Parliament, the Taj Mahal and the Sydney Opera House, just to name a few. We will also make links to our previous learning about countries and continents. We will be desigining and making our own building, and looking at the works of Claude Monet to inspire our own cityscape artwork. We will also be carrying out lots of different investigations involving materials.
In English, we will be writing stories, newspaper articles and diaries, and in Maths, we will be learning about money, multiplication and division and statistics.
We will also be fortunate this term to have the opportunity to participate in the Infant Music Festival so we will be practising lots of songs.
In preparation for SATs in May, we will continue to look at different aspects of Maths and GPS - Grammar, Punctuation and Spellings to support our learning. We will also be sending home some practise questions. Please support your children with these.
- Children are encouraged to read at least 5 times a week - Planners will be checked on a Thursday
- Lucky Listeners reading task will be set every Friday
- Spellings will be set every Friday and a spelling test will be carried out every Friday
- Maths homework for Mathletics will be set every Thursday
- Blast off Maths will be carried out on a Monday so children are encouraged to practise throughout the week
- Children are also encouraged to use Timestable Rockstar throughout the week
Please ensure that planners are in school every day, spelling journals are in school on Fridays and Lucky Listener sheets are returned on a Friday too.
PE kits should be in school every day.
PE lessons this term will be on Tuesday.
Children will need to remove their own earrings or ensure they are taken out before school on those days.
Here's to all the new learning and fun we will have!